Writing Prompt: The simple things in life…
The ancient King Solomon could have whatever he wanted. He wore royal robes made of rare purple fabric, yet the flowers God created were more beautiful than Solomon’s rich wardrobe.
Consider the Lillie’s of the field, they toil not neither do they sow yet even Solomon was not arrayed like one of these. Matthew 6:22-34
Why do we keep seeking more and better everything? Do we need royal robes to be happy? God showed us what beauty is through His creation.
I simplified my life when I eliminated most of what I owned and moved into a very small backyard cottage. I have no debt, I don’t own a car, but is my life really simple?
I read an article an article about the Five Piece French Capsule Wardrobe where you eliminate clothes you don’t regularly wear and keep basic colors that are versatile. Then add five new items across your wardrobe a season to make it personal.
I have eliminated so much but as I look in my closet, I see clothes I maybe will wear because I don’t love it.
I go outside to walk with my puppy and see the clear blue sky with various shades of gray, the wind blowing leaves of gold and brown. Roses in front of the house, a bouquet of dog scents, that Ella loves to sniff. Walking, moving, music, and stories are the simple things in life. Maybe I will revisit my closet and eliminate some of the chaos. Or maybe I will just sip some coffee with a friend.
Comments
Post a Comment